Tarragona will host on April 17 and 18 this conference that aims to publicize Planet Youth: a community program for drug prevention started in Iceland in 1998 that has shown excellent results in the decline of alcohol, cannabis and tobacco consumption among the teenagers.
Planet Youth is a program based on scientific evidence, universal and community prevention that has drastically reduced the consumption of drugs in the youth population through political commitment and the continued commitment to create healthy and quality environments for all citizens.
This Icelandic prevention model is based on three pillars of success:
- The practice based on evidence
- The use of a community-based approach
- The creation and maintenance of a dialogue between research, policy and practice
The Workshop organized in Tarragona aims to raise awareness of the program to professionals from different fields interested in the prevention of drug use and the health promotion of young people and adolescents
- Days: Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 April 2018
- Aula Magna Campus Catalunya (Av. Catalunya, 35). Tarragona, Spain.
- Organized by: Council of Tarragona and Icelandic Center for Social Research and Analyzes (ICSRA). Collaborators: Smart Mediterranean City Foundation, Rovira i Virgili University and Reykjavik City Hall.
Program and Registration: